The media team of US president-elect Donald Trump’s team has reportedly removed the statement on his website to deport Nigerians from the country if he becomes president.
This comes even as his team also deleted the statement on his website to ban Muslims from entering the US.
It was gathered that the page now redirects to another page encouraging voters to donate to his campaign, New Telegraph reports.
Trump and his allies had consistently defended the ban, insisting the measure was about Americans’ “safety” and not about discriminating against religion.
The said post was made on December 7, 2015 on his website.
Recall there were reports earlier this year that Trump had sent a subtle warning to the Nigerian Community in the US, after he said all Nigerians would be made to leave the country if he becomes President.
He reportedly made the ‘threat’ during a rally at Wichita, Kansas, saying Nigerians and Mexicans have taken all the jobs meant for honest hard working Americans.
He was quoted to have said: “We need to get the Africans out. Not the blacks, the Africans. Especially the Nigerians. They’re everywhere.
“I went for a rally in Alaska and met just one African in the entire state. Where was he from? Nigeria! He’s in Alaska taking our jobs. They’re in Houston taking our jobs. Why can’t they stay in their own country? Why? I’ll tell you why. Because they are corrupt.
“Their governments are so corrupt, they rob the people blind and bring it all here to spend. And their people run away and come down here and take our jobs! We can’t have that! If I become president, we’ll send them all home. We’ll build a wall at the Atlantic Shore. Then maybe we’ll re-colonize them because obviously they did not learn a damn thing from the British!”